Edge Analytical was incorporated on August 1, 1980, as Materials Testing & Consulting (MTC), providing testing services for the construction industry. Due to seasonal workflow MTC expanded into environmental testing in 1989.
By the early 1990’s revenues from environmental testing were surpassing revenues from construction testing, and the decision was made to refocus the business to a full service environmental lab. In 1995, the construction testing services provided by MTC were sold and the corporate name was changed to Edge Analytical Laboratories, Inc.
MTC started in a small rented structure and eventually moved to a barn behind the home of one of the owners. In 1992 we moved into a 4,000 square foot building where we stayed until 2006. We then moved to our current 10,500 square foot facility with room to expand another 10,000 square feet when company growth warrants it. We opened the Bellingham, Washington microbiology lab in 2004, the Portland Oregon laboratory in Wilsonville in 2010, and the Corvallis Oregon Laboratory in 2013.
The company started with two employees in 1980 and now has over 40. We know our continued success is due to commitment to small town values and laser like focus on each clients needs.
Our vision at Edge Analytical Laboratories is to be nationally recognized:
• For analytical excellence
• For our customer service
• For our commitment to the environment
Our mission at Edge Analytical Laboratories is to:
• Provide timely, accurate, defensible data in a concise, easily understandable format
• Stay abreast of emerging technologies and utilize them to improve our performance
• Maintain an atmosphere of professional, friendly customer relations
• Provide solutions
• Honor our commitments
• Maintain a clean, well organized work environment
• Implement consistent, reliable accounting procedures
• Recognize that our power and effectiveness lies with our people
• Be a resource to the community
• Treat all fairly and honestly